Monday, January 04, 2010

The adreniline is dying down

Holidays are over, my baby is 7 months old, the new novel is about 1/3rd of the way done.... sigh. Now is the keep-plugging time, and what I'd really like to do is press Pause and take a long, long nap, wake up, stare at the sky, and then go on a tropical vacation with my sweetie.

We've been talking a lot about how crazy we are about our kids and how very tiring they are. I sure hope that when we actually get to the solo summer-camp/grandparents' house/sleepovers time of life in a few years, we still want to spend time together.

Went to see It's Complicated (by myself!!!) on Saturday and it is really superb. Since my parents pretty much are Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin (sorry, Mom), I can vouch for the movie's emotional authenticity. I highly recommend it, especially for anyone who is married.

The message I took away from it is Don't. Fuck.Up. because some mistakes cannot be unmade.

So unless you want to end up in a FABULOUS house dating STEVE MARTIN.... keep it steady with your sweetie so you can grow old together :)

Ah, Hollywood.

No comments: