Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Blah-Blah Blues

Today was one of those bad days that I am lucky enough to experience.

I know. But that's the way my mind works; I can't feel bad about feeling bad because then I feel guilty.

The child was perfect. Two naps, lots of grinning. I'm not sick. The weather is too cold to go outside (which is probably the problem, since a walk chases the blues away), but at least it's sunny. My husband is nice to me. We've got food in the fridge, and I've got a brand-new stack of library books. Yesterday I got a massage.

I know. Sickening, right? But here it remains: today was a long, slow, boring, wish-I-was-doing-something-else kind of day. 

Staying at home with a young child, no matter how adorable and brilliant they may be, can be kind of boring. Like, really boring. 

At least today.

No comments: