Thursday, April 05, 2007

Novel News

This is a heard-already post for some, but:

Novel 1 is out with a few agents in full and hopefully luring more agents in with query letters that have been sent out. Getting a no or yes will most likely take months.

Novel 2 is started. I'm in the honeymoon phase where it seems really easy. I have sixteen single-spaced pages so far.....150+ to go.

in other working girl news: I am covering a literary salon at Morgan Freeman's estate in two weeks for the newspaper in Oxford. I have been contacted about writing a farmer's market column for the alternative free paper in Oxford. I wrote my third column for the paper in Oxford. And I am writing the Talk of the Valley feature every week for the Herald, as well as covering the Planning Commission and the Main Street Association. In an hour, I'm going to interview a Baptist preacher who has lived in Africa and the Ukraine.

Plus the pheasant man's wife called me today and said she'd showed her boss the article and the boss had said "that's like something I'd read in the NY Times" so I'm feeling all full of myself.

So that's what I do all day long, peeps. As well as walk the dogs and fanatically clean the kitchen floor (light-gray linoleum; drives me bat-shit).

No comments: