Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Baby Wednesday

Today, I am 20 weeks pregnant: half-way through according to the experts.

Today, K. looked at my belly (visible between my unbuttoned pants, which keep closed by a hair elastic loop, and my tanktop) and said: "When are you going to look pregnant?"

Apparently, NEVER.

Today is also the first week my baby calendar does not compare the baby to a piece of produce, so I have no cool comparisons for you. But from toe to head, the bebe should be around 10 inches long-- though it's all doubled up, not stretched out on tippitoes) and weighs around 10.5 ounces.

We head to the doctor August 20th (12 days) for our ultrasound, the first one since the very beginning, and the biggie-- where they check for organ development, deformations, and-- gender.

Anyone want to take bets?

4 comments:

D'nelle said...

I vote for a boy.
See what you can do about that.

Although, I would like for you to have a girl, because I think that there should be lots of girls out there raised by you to counteract the crazy princessy little girls out there now.

i'm torn. I don't know what to hope for.

Anonymous said...

For Kagan's sake i hope it's a girl. because men really do better if this first is a girl---keeps the foot off the macho pedal and allows them to breathe with it-

uncle mike said...

i won't bet cuz either is going to be so great,

This is already getting so exciting!

-Mary says hi too,

Love,
U, Mike

Sarah L said...

I still can't believe that a child is growing inside you, my friend. So exciting. Hope all is happy! thinking happy thoughts for you, kagan, and baby from far far away!