Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A very good Wednesday

I dreamed last night that I gave borth to FIVE babies at once (all healthy, thank Heaven) (wait? Why am I thanking Heaven?!?!) but K. wasn't there because he was assisting our pregnant friend in HER labour and I was all like "she's got her own husband, what the heck is wrong with you?"

Babies are kind of all I think about these days. I've never looked forward so much to doctor's visits (next one next Tuesday! whee!)

In other news: it finally rained here, which I thank God for. We've had less than half of the normal rain so far this year and summers are traditionally dry.

The Board of Aldermen voted the Main Street project K. and I are involved with into next year's fiscal budget, which means we can exist and get to work.

And most excitingly, K. and his new helper started working together last night. C. is a college kid with a lot of practical know-how, who showed up on time, worked hard, and thinks he's getting paid well. I am so thankful that K. will have someone to help him with the building-- since I've turned out to be pretty much unwilling and useless. But it's exciting to see the building emerging from all the crap piled into/onto it over the years.

So, down here southernly, most all is well.

No comments: