Friday, June 15, 2007

For your Friday

Here at Chateau de K&A, all is well. Mom's in town for a visit, so I've been busy entertaining her in the afternoons...when she's not being squired around by a Mississippian she seems to have enchanted. We're going to hitup Greenwood, Mississippi, this afternoon, and I'm excited to tour a new town.

Mom swears I'm starting to show, but K. insists my belly has always been this big. I prefer to think that it has indeed grown. Either way, I'm feeling surpringsly good (aka not pregnant-ey) and I've only taken one nap in the last ten days!

Our garden has...grown. So far, we've learned that we planted WAY too much lettuce, and not enough beans. The corn is starting to form on the stalks, tassels and all, and we've been getting more and more cherry tomatoes coming in, while our big tomatoes are small, green, and growing. The crabgrass is relentless, we harvested all of our turnips, and our carrots are getting there.

Here's a pic:



And happy weekend!

1 comment:

D'nelle said...

1. I hate turnips almost as much as I hate beets. I will NOT be planting those in any gardens that may or may not arise under my purview.

2. CAN I COME EAT WITH YOU GUYS?!?!?! I am so tired of frozen dinners i could scream. And i really do like the Kashi frozen dinners but they are BORING, and they are SOLITARY. I want family meals. The dog just stares at me, hoping for a tidbit. There's no scintillating conversation to be had.

3. I miss you. hope you're bumpy!