Thursday, June 28, 2007

Still rockin'

What with the nervous breakdown, house decorating, and visit from my FANTABULOUS sister, there's been no time for posting this week.

Of course, since no one updates their blogs anyway, I don't much feel guilty.

I got K. a Father/pregnany book and am slightly regretting it... "you're not supposed to take hot baths" "you can't have any brie" "my book SAID you'd be clingier" but mostly it's really sweet to hear him getting all this baby-on-the-way knowledge.

Speaking of K., he's away! On a boys' vacation! He headed off in the early afternoon for a 3-day fishing trip on the Gulf with THIRTEEN other guys, on average about thirty years older than him. I last heard from him when they'd arrived in the Walmart at Biloxi, where they were stocking up on you guessed it, beer. Watching K. and these grown men compare tackle boxes, confer over line weights, and practice casting in a backyard made it awfully hard to begrudge him a weekend away. Wish him big fish.

Besides-- my sister is here! And S. is driving in from Birmingham tomorrow, so wild times will be had, my friends. Right after I take a nap.

Baby update: Went to the doctor, heart still beating.

2 comments:

BALTHAZAR said...

*I* updated my blog - Natalie and I made you a funny and you didn't even notice. :)

*smoocheses!*
-Caitlin!

Unknown said...

Hi. I suck and have been completely neglectful on reading the ponderings. But, I have mentioned you on a regular basis - so you're still on my mind!
And by "mentioned you...", I usually said "YAY! Alexe and K are going to be SO CUTE at the wedding" or "Jon's freakin out because his bf is preggers" or "Alexe convinced me that this puppy was a good thing. Blame her," or "Alexe convinved me that this puppy was a good thing. I should remember to send her a Thank You card!" or etc...
Okay, so I'm done babbling. I miss you both, and can't wait to talk to you soon!!