Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The News that my husband has already told everybody in the entire world, including the president of this town's chamber of commerce and our landlords

I'm preggers!

FACTS:

How preggers: 11 weeks

Due date: Dec. 28th

Sex of child: Won't find out until week 20, idiot

Have you gone to an ob/gyn and seen the baby and seen + heard its heart beating: YES! So it's definitely alive!

How many pregnany books have I read: 3 and I'd like more (not including maternity fashion guidebooks)

Have you been sick: SO SO SO SO SICK, by which I mean mildly nauseous and tired for 2 weeks, seems to be gone now, during which I complained unremittingly

And the eternal "was this planned?": by which I respond, wanna make God laugh? Make a plan. Because let me tell you, the minute we thought we might want a baby, there I was peeing on a stick and whipping it out to show K. the minute he got home from work.

P.S. FOR THOSE WHO THINK WE'RE TOO YOUNG:

well, we are.

4 comments:

D'nelle said...

Hey momma -

Due to the fact that Vandy baseball has gone out in a blaze of heat and wonder... I no longer have anything to do in the middle of june.

Anything I can do to help out? come down and cook? hold your hair? take you to a book store?

Big Nick said...

Yay for babies!

Emily said...

SO excited for you both!! XO

Anonymous said...

The ladies at work were talking about how old they were when they had their first babies, and one lady said she had her first at 23, and she is so glad. She said she wasn't too young, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

-n