Sunday, July 11, 2010

What's Happening Here, Andale

When K was in California/Tahoe, I bought a new dress and painted a wall. Apparently, it's what I do in revenge. Dido pees on the carpets, I decorate. I have also whole convinced myself that using strong colors would overwhelm an entire room but are perfect on one wall. The fact that it's 1/10th of the work has nothing to do with it. I want to put some leafy green plants under the hanging chairs, adorn that plain white wall with something funky and framed, and remove the plastic ball from my Life. Also get an actual threshold. Then perfection!



My tomatoes are coming in. These are the Aunt Ruby's German Greens. Do not plant them. Green Zebras taste better, and incidentally, are not the color of old bruises.



What do you do when a baby has the flu? Not go to the zoo! Those were the tentative plans today, but Caspian's been under the weather all weekend, snotty and hot to the touch and gulping water and tea. He's still eating though. Poor bebe.

Annaliese, on the other hand, is 100% Well and 200% Two. Which means we are time-outing and spanking (oh yes, we do, when she clocks her brother in the head repeatedly). She is also funny and magical and good company.



We were driving to see K the other day at his office and somehow, as it always does, the Easter Bunny came up. "I luff the Easter Bunny, I fink," she said matter-of-factly from the back seat.

Me too, kid. Me too.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

smartinof4steve said...

battery charger #1: found in the store, behind the checkout counter. Alexe's checkout counter.

battery charger #2: found in alexe's desk, crammed in a back corner.

small price to pay for the ongoing documentation of our lives. (dictated to me from over my shoulder just now. :) )

Angela said...

The easter bunny. I love that child.