Monday, October 19, 2009

Dispatch from Nonni's

At my mother's.

We have spent time with my father, my sister, my aunts and uncles, and we're going to see my grandfather today or tomorrow.

Annaliese has been working very hard to charm everyone in sight. She has drunk gallons of cider, fed sheep with her bare hands, and trotted along cheerfully doing farm chores with her Nonni. It's fair to say she is having a great time. Especially since her Nonni lets her watch Nick Junior at meal times, a luxury entirely unknown at our house.

Caspian is teething and growing like a fiend but remains fairly cheerful nonetheless.

And as for me? Well, it's hard being the solo parent, and I miss my sweetheart. But it's awful nice to be in the house where I grew up in the shadow of the Blue Ridge during apple season.

Pictures, of course, to follow.

No comments: