Friday, October 19, 2007

woo Virginia!

I am waiting for the UPS man to deliver my maternity jeans, the will to pack/make-the-bed/clean-out-the-car, and then I am off for my yearly visit home.

Here's my itinerary:

tonight, I spend with Danielle in my old stomping grounds of Nashville.

Saturday, I take over my little sister's bed in Lexington, VA, a beautiful small town with old brick houses and home to Washington and Lee University...

Sunday and Monday nights, me and the L.P. will be snoozing at Maple Hall, a historic inn with miles and miles of walking trails and a breakfast I'm quite excited about....while hanging out with the mum and the lil sis, viewing the Maury river, and generally being outside as much as possible...

Tuesday-Friday nights, I'll slumber in my childhood room, take LP for lots of walks across the fields, and tell her all about where her mama grew up, as well as eating vast numbers of apples from the orchard down the road and drinking some super-good locally made cider. I've had the biggest apple cravings this fall. They don't got no apple trees in Mississippi. Plus I'm gonna see my grandpa, and maybe head to the outlet malls (they don't got those in Mississippi either).

Saturday night, back in Lexingon with the lil sis (it's 2 hours closer to Nashville)...

Sunday night, Nashville with Danielle once again...and then Monday, I'll drive the 4 hours home and see my sweetie, bearing meat from Wild Oats, apples from Virginia, and kisses galore.

I'm going to take lots of pictures and think many deep thoughts, so brace yourselves.

1 comment:

Angeline Cione said...

oooo! you got to travel to my two favorite places: nashville and virginia :) maybe one day our paths will cross in one of those places...