Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The downlow on the LP

(I am so hip, I just can't STAND myself)

Today is a big Baby day. I am now 28 weeks preggers (out of 40, people!) and that means that I am now officially in my third trimester.

Say it with me: whoa.

Like most of this whole pregnancy deal, things change slllloooowwwwlllly, so my belly is pretty big-- but if I wear a loose shirt, I could totally FOOL you--, I am waiting for my innie to become an outtie, and nothing seems that different. Unless I think about not being pregnant. That was way different.

The Little Princess should now have a good chance of surviving if I were to go into labor, thanks to all that preemie medicine stuff, which totally creeps me out because the bebe weighs just over 2 lbs, if she's like other kids, and measures about 15 inches. I'm willing to bet she's taller.

She can hear and sense light. She may or may not have eye lashes. Weird, eh? She moves around a fair bit, though those of you familiar with my placental situation understand that that's still acting as a big old shock absorber; as she continues to get bigger, that will matter less and less.

And as for me?

I'm very excited. Very excited indeed. We're getting the carpet in the nursery replaced, FINALLY, so I can really set things up in there, and I'll return from my late-October visit to the farm with a crib. We'll be ready to roll by Thanksgiving. Because I need a month or so to sit in the baby room, hold up impossibly wee onesies, and giggle to myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

saying it with you--WHOA!!!Go LP!

sez Mama Shaz

D'nelle said...

Following your mom, I think i'm going to have LP call me Big D.

While i'm still not able to embrace the fact that my pants don't fit due to a summer of indulgence, I have fully embraced the fact that my size will always be, relatively, big.

What a nice thought.

I'm xanax tripping today and so happy so happy so happy to hear about the LP, and happy on two levels - one just to hear about her swimming around inside you makes me smile broadly, but also, happy that the happiness that the hearing about her brings is actually a true emotion and not one faked by drugs.

give your belly a pat and tell her thank you for being a genuine emotion for me. :)

in other news, I am super excited about you coming through town! Wheeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sexee Lexee!

-jon