Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pregnancy update

From now on, Wednesday will be Baby day, since it's the day that I turn from one week to the next week, which means I get to tune into my pregnancy web caldendar and see what the baby's doing now (you wouldn't believe this kid! 2 weeks ago its intestines moved into its stomach!).

Today, I am 16 weeks preggers. The baby is now the size of an avocado; considering that we were in the kidney bean stage for a while, it's nice to be moving through the fruit ranks. I think sweet potato is next, but I might be jumping the gun.

My belly's pooching out, but I *still* don't look very pregnant. Which is kind of a bummer, because we're going to the beach with my family for a week next Friday and I wanted my tummy to be all huge in between my bikini. Man, I love me some bikinis. They make me feel like I'm four and running around nekkid.

I've been having intense dreams, which everone talks about, but they don't seem especially mystical. And I've always slept like I was thrown into the bottom of a well, so really, I don't think I feel much different, other than the fact I now feel guilty whenever I sleep on my back and waves of hunger that make me nearly nauseous descend with no warning every few hours.

K. is now forbidden sugar. I told him that I was having a hard time avoiding sweets, and I'd been fantasizing about chocolate ice cream. We went to Sonic THE NEXT DAY and he blithely ordered a large choclate milkshake. He is now *sweet*less (and you really don't want to know the reason I'm avoiding sugar, but let me just assure you that if I could, I would eat as much sugar as I could stuff into my body like most pregnant women, so perhaps the fact that my body has stopped handling it is really a good thing. Other than my bloated belly, I think the rest of me is actually thinner since the doc laid down the kibosh.).

In the beginning, I thought we were having a boy, but now-- no idea. I call it The Baby in my head, and it is genderless, which-- as someone told me that mothers "know" about the child's gender, means that I now worry that it is a hermaphrodite. This does not worry me as much as it might, because being preggers means that I am so INUNDATED with entirely legitimate things to worry about that the hermaphrodite thing is about #44, right after # 43: the baby's room is carpeted and therefore its lungs could be damaged because hardwoods are better and #45: how long should we wait until baby #2, considering I want my last child to be out of the house by the time I turn 50 but 18 months between means I only get 9 months off before getting pregant again but 24 months means that Baby #1 will hate Baby #2...

I think I have to go eat something.

1 comment:

D'nelle said...

Hey... in the spirit of baby's-a-comin', i thought you might be interested in this:
homemade diapers!

I'm making homemade puppy pads and they are working out brilliantly.
They are so much better than the pads i had been buying at sams!

Man, i can't wait to see your belly!