Why you should get off of your east coast/west coast high horses and move to mississippi:
1. everything is cheaper.
2. you won't have to see people who don't love you because everyone's afraid to visit here.
3. there are opportunities to make a real difference in whatever cause you believe in.
4. shrimp and grits, barbecue, pecan pie, sweet potato casserole, fried catfish, sweet tea.
5. $40 a month membership to the swankiest gym in town, including all super-cool classes, free lockers, and free towels.
6. everyone goes to church. even the bourbon-swilling writers attend.
7. major history all over the place-- and yuppie coffeebars have arrived!
8. because at the sixteenth annual Guy Fawkes party of a British architect and his artist wife, you meet the owner of Big Truck Theater, where the cover's $5 for 4 hours of local music and the band performs on the bed of a fifties' flat-bed truck.
9. magnificent huge old live oaks and pecan trees. I LIVE IN A PLACE WITH PECAN TREES. HOW NEAT IS THAT.
10. because you smile to yourself whenever you count (one mississippi, two mississippi).
Delivering a wedding present.
3 months ago