Sunday, March 01, 2009



My heart, my heart has been mostly in my throat this weekend.

Here's the things: adults and mothers especially are supposed to know. What's needed to ensure a good nap, what's going on the table for dinner, when the dogs need to go out-- and big matters, like I dunno, money and career trajectory and overall life plan, are supposed to be GIVENS. And perhaps it's the position of the moon or the six-month-pregnant mark or the fact that my husband is really, seriously, literally insane when it comes to heaping his personal plate-- but I am pretty grade-A anxious and fed-up with life in general.

Seriously, someone else decide. Everything. I will be eating a fricking orange and drinking chamomile tea since I'm not even allowed to abuse my own body anymore without feeling guilty about it. Then let me know and I'll probably end up taking apart all the plans because they'll fail to properly balance the greens and fruits and grains and dairy that my babies need to keep growing so good. Look at this one. Isn't she just the most beautiful little girl you've EVER SEEN?






In other news: my seedlings are coming along quite well. Twenty-four heirloom tomatoes from the seeds I saved last fall and I just started a whole bunch of flowers for the new hourse... hollyhocks, dianthus, calendula, echinacea. Very exciting.

But the most exciting flower news of all is that the lilies-of-the-valley Eliza sent me before her trip to Australia have come up and bloomed. They're right next to me on the couch right now, flooding the living room with scent and reminding me that after all, my world is pretty damn beautiful.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes,she is( "the most beautiful....")---right alongside with my two beautiful girls the pearls!!!
:)