Wednesday, November 07, 2007

33 weeks and other updates

In my ongoing travels across the southern states, I drove to Tupelo yesterday for a check-up on the baby girl.

She's good. I'm good. It's time to make a birth plan and meet with a pediatrician, so that we're allowed to have the baby sleep in our room at the hospital (incredibly progressive for Mississippi, and requiring a doctor's approval).

I washed my first load of onesies and cloth diapers last night, with seventh generation baby detergent; no doubt completely unnecessary, but hey, it's exciting. 7 weeks doesn't seem very long at all.

--

In other news, John and Christy came for a visit! There was much eating, walking, and free shows on NBC-viewing, not to mention the boys' incessant plotting TO.BUILD.A.GLOBAL.EMPIRE.

In between, we walked around Rowan Oak (Faulkner's house, and a neat place to have around).

I had a mighty good time posing for K.



He had a lot of fun too.



Note the lollipop. The man bought 4x the amount of Halloween candy we needed, and then refused to give the children more than "two pieces, and one small". He also tried to bribe me into shutting our lights off and refusing to open the door, so he could have it ALL.

I refused, as it was my first time living in a place where there are trick-or-treaters, and I subsequently angsted over whther or not they'd come to our door and if we had the "right" candy". When the first tricker-treaters arrived, I began waving maniacally at them.

As always, it's a toss-up on who's crazier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That belly button is ALMOST gone,girl!

D'nelle said...

man, I am DIGGING that belly, girl!
I want to give it a raspberry.

I can't wait for LP to arrive (you know, maybe you should name her something like Lemon Pastry so that we can continue to call her LP).

I just heard that my first friend's (like, ever. I met her in pre school and acutally asked her if she would be my friend) dad, Dale, is dying... they don't expect him to last through the day.

So opening blogger to see your shining happy belly really made me smile.

I have something for your hubby i'm including when i mail you your Olay. Tell him to get out his insulin shots.