Saturday, January 08, 2011

Greetings from Quebec City

Other than K asking me to speak in French as we wander around, and I'm all like "HONEY I DON'T SPEAK NO FRENCH," we're having a pretty story-book time. The story? Mommy and Daddy get to DO WHATEVER WE WANT!

I feel like we just robbed a bank and got away with it.

It's 2011. Annaliese just turned three. Caspian is doing GREAT. But home life aside, it was reassuring to jump in a car alone with my husband yesterday and spend 7 hours getting to a city made of stone above a river and finding out that kids, chores, life aside... we're still the same kids we always were, packing cold pizza and going on a road trip.

Of course, we are now staying in a suite in a fancy auberge complete with soaking tub, rainfall shower, duvet, and Bose sound systems. Age has SOME benefits :)


1 comment:

Anika said...

Age? What Age? You young whippersnappers!