Saturday, February 21, 2015

This Guy


Been kind of in love lately with this guy. Which is handy, he being my husband and all.


 He turned 34 on Wednesday. We took a long, child-free walk out at our favorite spot. Saw a blue heron on the way in, and on the way out he flew next to the truck for a good long minute.


Talked about this and that and held hands and watched the dogs enjoy themselves.

It's not that we live life in a state of ecstatic happiness all the time, because we don't. I have anxiety often. He gets restless, often. Sometimes our best conversations are about celebrity gossip.

But he's my favorite person to be anxious, restless, and discussing the Kardashians with :)


On Thursday, K invited the whole town courtesy of a half-page ad in the newspaper to join him at the official unveiling of his project. Despite frigid temperatures, a ton of people came, oohed, ahhed. The mayor said some nice things. Binnie prayed. These are the three guys who got the vast majority of the work done. I'm proud of all of them, but mostly of that one in the middle. I can take no credit for the last venture; frankly, I thought it was a bad idea. But 15 months after starting, it's in the black, looks fantastic, and he did it in less time and for less money than I ever would have believed.


I was 22 when we got married. A very adult decision for a mere kid-- but boy, has it panned out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks sweetie.

The cookies were delicious this year.

Anonymous said...

<3

love you guys!

xo-n