I love the holidays. I always have, and now that my Thanksgiving vacation won't be dogged by the paper some idiot professor assigned me, they'll be even better-- albeit shorter.
When I was a young hip thing I tried to hate Thanksgiving and Christmas, because that's the young hip thing to do. But I didn't really succeed. Now, grant you, I don't love all the things that come with the holidays, such as blatant commercialism, tights, airborn spatulas, and having to clean the whole damn house.
But I love turkey. I love goose. I love singing "Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat." I really love the fact that it's Tuesday and I only have to work tomorrow before I'm done for the week.
I even love the whole macho Thanksgiving football thing, where my uncles try to watch the game before my sister and cousin wheedle them into "Clueless."
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh no....
Football?
Can I sneak out with my chainsaw???
pahleeeaase??
I do miss thanksgiving, don't have that here in Germany. But we'll have the turkey for christmas, I hope. My mother is getting kind of weird, says can't have anything that has feathers these days with that bird flu around. I want my turkey!!
I guess I'll have to stick to singing christmas is coming the turkeys are getting fat" until I drove everyone mad and they'll feed me with turkey!
I love it that for one brief part of a day, we share our lives together as a family. We gather together old and new fabric and stitch a patch of us together--sometimes pretty,sometimes homely-but us. And we're together---did I mention that before???
Oh yeah--chainsaws are always accepted accessories!
The day k watches football, is the day i watch football. -n
Post a Comment