Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 2010
*That one frat party I've ever been to, having gone to a Very Serious Arts College.
10. There are half-full, brightly-colored plastic cups on the floor in every room. Three are in the bathtub.
9. There's always that one girl, bawling her eyes out in a corner.
8. It's best not to assume that the person closest to you has any control over their digestive function.
7. You sneak off to the bathroom knowing that as soon as you sit down, someone's going to start banging on the door.
6. Probably 80% of the stains on the furniture contain DNA.
5. You've got someone in your face at 3 a.m. looking for a drink.
4. There's definitely going to be a fight.
3. You're not sure whether anything you're doing is right, you just hope it won't get you arrested.
2. There are crumpled-up underpants everywhere.
1. You wake up wondering exactly how and when the person in bed with you got there.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I am working on it.
weather hot. kids good. annaliese is sleeping without a pullup these days, knock on wood. this morning she hopped out of bed and used her portable potty in her room all by herself. she got big kisses for that one. and caspian, teething again, only 6 teeth to go before he is all teethed up! walks more and more every day and is saying mama and daddy like a champ.
i am contemplating life without anika in a month and it ain't pretty. it's nice having company with the kids in the long afternoons, another adult to make really good dinners, and generally a go-to person for anything that crops up. sheesh. can't believe she is leaving all this for berlin. talk about c-razy.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
So we did. With bebes. And Cousin Nick, Caspian's godpapa, a good friend, an actual cousin, etc.
Monday, June 07, 2010
Friday, June 04, 2010
We came home. The store hadn't burned down. Hit the ground running.... or jogging.... or limping... but it's ok.
Caspian, MY BABY, turned one. He cried a lot and then had banana cake. picures to come. He now has 14 teeth, since the molars are through AND 2 eyeteeth. He is now called Piranha Mouth. He likes pork chops. He is sitting acrss from me right now with a balloon tied to hs chair, trying to use a spoon in a real bowl for the very first time. I am inordinately fond of him and everyone who spends time with him comes up later to tell me-- with wonder in their voice--- how sweet he is.
Annaliese took his presents and then sang him ''Happy Birthday, Baby Brudder, Happy Birthday, Baby Brudder.'' She is very terribly two. We are weary of time-outs. But she is also impossibly charming and speaking full thought-sentences, so...
Going to Bham tonight for a whirlwind bachelorette party.
Pictures, someday, to follow.